SAINT AMBROSE SCHOOL CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK CELEBRATION!
Since 1974, National Catholic Schools Week marks the annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. This year, we are celebrating Catholic Schools Week from Sunday, January 29th through Friday, February 3rd. The theme for the National Catholic Schools Week 2017 is “Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service.” Below is a detailed schedule of the parish and school events that will be taking place during this exciting week at St. Ambrose!
Sunday (1/29/17): In our Parish
- Please join us as we celebrate the opening of Catholic Schools Week with the Family Mass at 9:00 a.m. If you cannot make the 9:00 Mass, we look forward to seeing you at another Mass on Saturday and Sunday! Following the Masses, Saint Ambrose School will be hosting an Open House from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. All current and prospective families are invited to join us as we highlight what makes Saint Ambrose School so special!
Monday (1/30/17): In our Community
- The Institutional Advancement Team will be hosting the Civic Leadership Breakfast. The theme for the breakfast is “21st Century Learning”. During the day, the students will have the opportunity to enjoy a performance by the Padua Franciscan High School Band!
Tuesday (1/31/17): Celebrating Vocations
- As a school community, we will be celebrating Mass at 8:15 a.m. Following Mass, we will hold the 4th-8th grade Honors Assembly in the Church in order to recognize our students’ achievements. All are welcome to join us for both celebrations! In the evening, the 7th graders will be presenting their Science Fair projects to a group of judges in order to determine qualification to the next round.
Wednesday (2/1/17): Celebrating Faculty, Staff & Volunteers
- Teacher Appreciation Day!
Thursday (2/2/17): Celebrating the Nation
- The Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast will be served to the students at 7:30 a.m. in Hilkert Hall. The students will be inviting veterans to the Pancake Breakfast and the Veterans’ Prayer Service immediately following breakfast in church. Please keep an eye out for the information and invitation in the 1/18/17 Wednesday folder! In order to highlight the theme, students may wear red, white & blue accents and accessories.
Friday (2/3/17): Celebrating Your Students & Families
- Hosted by our fabulous PTU, Cosmic Bingo will take place for the students during the day followed by a Winter Pep Rally in the afternoon with a special appearance by a very exciting group. The students and teachers may wear spirit wear dress-down apparel!