Our PTU is sponsoring our school-wide Read-A-Thon September 25th – October 6th.
OUR GOAL is to raise $15,000
- STEM KITS to help continue further our students with projects and learning.
- Digital microscopes and upgraded science equipment.
- Dash and Dot Robots (compatible with our Promethean Boards).
- 21st Century Classroom Flexible Seating Options (i.e yoba balls, flexible seating).
- PTU events and activities which include: Muffins With Mom, Donuts With Dad, Harvest Festival,
Special Person’s Day, Thanksgiving Feast and so much more.
- Additional finishings for the Restrooms. ( i.e mirrors)
- Upgrades to some playground equipment. (i.e. swings)
It is easy to sign up. Go to the website: http://www.read-a-thon.com./ Log in under “Readers” and sign up.
Enter your child’s personal code which was given to your student by the teachers. No money is collected by your child; it is all done via the site. You do not need to use the social media tools provided but it is encouraged. You can email family or friends the link privately if you prefer. We also will take cash or check (Checks Payable to Saint Ambrose PTU) but we strongly encourage using the site. It is simple!
- Top two students who raise the most money school-wide will each win a Kindle Fire.
- Top earners of each grade will earn 4 movie tickets or gift card to Barnes and Noble.
- The top earning grade who raises the most money will receive an Ice Cream Sundae party.
- The top earning class (K-5) who reads the most minutes will earn a Spirit Wear Dress Down Day.
- The top earning class (6-8) who reads the most minutes will earn a Spirit Wear Dress Down Day.
This does not mean you need to donate the $30 per student. A student can get 3 donations of $10. Another
way to help is to have a business sponsor our Read-a-Thon. The business sponsorship will highlight the
business on the Read-a-Thon site, each class web page, on every reader’s dashboard and on all donation pages.
something we don’t need! Let’s sponsor our children to read!!