Littlest Angels Early Childhood Program
Littlest Angels Preschool Mission Statement
Ever focused on each student’s faith formation, our teachers will apply new thinking and best practices in Early Childhood Education to empower our boys and girls to thrive in Kindergarten and beyond.
5 STAR Step Up To Quality Rating
Littlest Angels Preschool has earned a 5 STAR Step Up To Quality Rating from the Ohio Department of Education Office of Early Learning and School Readiness! This is the very highest rating available for early childhood education programs in the state of Ohio. A Step Up To Quality Five-Star rating means that Littlest Angels Preschool provides a program that has demonstrated the highest level of quality available and exceeds the state standards. Littlest Angels Preschool also is leading the Diocese of Cleveland in this “Step Up To Quality” transition.
Step Up to Quality Means:
- Highly trained teachers.
- Development of school readiness skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Focus on family engagement.
These have been our priorities since day one. On our tenth anniversary, this external validation of our program celebrates the culmination of work this past decade!
High-quality early learning experiences provide the basis for the brain’s development, emotional well-being and directly impact how successful children are in kindergarten and beyond. Littlest Angels Preschool provides a 5 STAR experience. We are blessed and thankful for the opportunity to serve our children and families.
Mrs. Catherine Mitchell
Mrs. Sherri Petrigac
Mrs. Melissa Yarmesch
Mrs. Erica Horman
Preschool Instructional Aide
Mrs. Kris Mick
Preschool Instructional Aide
Mrs. Becky Nettles
Preschool Instructional Aide
Preschool Contact Information
To report an absence or change in transportation, or any information or needs regarding your child enrolled please call the Preschool Director. Catherine Mitchell, Preschool Office/ Director- 330-460-7361.
For enrollment information, admissions, tours and prospective families please call our Institutional Advancement and Admissions office. Institutional Advancement and Admissions Office: 330-460-7318.
Angels in Training: Age 2
The Saint Ambrose “Angels in Training” Parent and Preschooler Program is a social, safe, fun learning experience that is an introduction to preschool for children and parents. The program is a wonderful way to bond with your little angels and other parents while bridging the gap between home and school before entering Littlest Angels Preschool in the following fall. For 2 year old children with a parent or guardian.
Tuesdays from 10:30-11:30 a.m. or Saturdays from 9:30-10:30 a.m. (Saturday class offered during the spring session only.)
Two sessions available: Fall/Winter Session (September-December) Spring Session (February-May) 2019 SPRING CLASS IS FULL.
Download forms below. 2020-2021 forms will be available for download and Parish Life Center pickup on January 12, 2020.
Littlest Angels Preschool: Ages 3 to Pre-K
Our Littlest Angels Preschool encourages the development of the mind, body and soul of young children. We believe every child is a precious gift from God. Our program facilitates interaction with other children and adults, in an atmosphere of Christian love and concern, which promotes the healthy development of eac h child.
At Littlest Angels Preschool we prepare three, four, and five year-old children to:
- Acquire foundational cognitive skills by learning through experiences in: Math, Science, Language, Social Sciences, Religion, Art, Music, physical movement, play and field trips.
- Begin to develop an understanding of Christian values.
- Use technology: We have Chromebooks in the classroom and utilize Smart Board.
- Effectively communicate and socialize with their peers.
- Successfully transition to Kindergarten
Littlest Angels Preschool has a licensed teaching staff with over 75 years of combined teaching experience and provides enrichment opportunities from certified specialists.
*Preschool children must be age 3 by August 1, 2019 to be eligible for preschool. All children must also be potty trained.
2019-2020 Preschool Sessions
- 3 year old, T/TH – 8:00am – 10:30 am Tuition: $1,270
- 3 year old, T/TH – 11:30 am – 2:00 pm Tuition: $1,270
- Pre K 4 year old, M/W/F – 8:00am – 10:30 am Tuition: $1,530
- Pre K 4 year old, M/W/F – 11:30 am – 2:00 pm Tuition: $1, 530
- Pre K 4 year old, Mon-Fri- 8:00am – 10:30am Tuition: $2, 270
- Pre K 5 year old, Full day, M – F 8:00am – 2:00pm Tuition: $4, 470
- Pre K 5 year old, M – F 8:00am – 10:30am Tuition: $2, 270
Pre K Enrichment Program Options for 4 and 5 year olds
Four and Five year old Pre K families may add enrichment options in addition to a corresponding morning class (additional fee applies) :
- 3 Day Enrichment 10:30am-2pm (M/W/F)
- 5 Day Enrichment 10:30am-2:00pm (M-F)
Extended Care Options for Preschool
Limited/ Part-Time Guardian Angels Extended Care Program will be available for preschoolers on campus for 2019-2020. Availability will depend on classes selected and correspond with days child is in session. For any questions, please contact our Admissions office at 330-460-7318.
Preschool Forms, Applications & Downloads:
- Priority Enrollment for parish members for 2020-2021 begins January 12, 2020.
- Open Enrollment for the community begins February 13, 2020, based on remaining space and availability.
- Medina County Community Resources for Parents
2019-2020 Application, Tuition, ACH
Forms can be emailed to CMitchell@StASchool.us or returned to the school office.
- Littlest Angels Preschool Welcome Letter
- Angels In Training Sign Up (Age 2) 2019-2020
- LAPS Preschool Application (Age 3) 2019-2020
- LAPS Preschool Application (Age 4) 2019-2020
- LAPS Preschool Application (Age 5) 2019-2020
- Physical Immunization Form
- LAPS ACH Form 2019-2020
Applications will be date and time stamped once all required forms and registration fee are turned in.
For more detailed information please visit our Admissions tab on this website or contact our Institutional Advancement office at 330-460-7318.
Checklist & Handbook
Littlest Angels Preschool Curriculum Information and links
Please note that the skills and standards are introduced in a developmentally appropriate manner as determined by the preschool director and preschool staff members. We are purposeful in the scaffolding process in order to build upon these skills and concepts each year of your child’s preschool experience. Please understand that mastery of these concepts is not expected until kindergarten.